Tuesday, September 9, 2014

How to fix: -Grub rescue (simplest solution)

Just before few days ago, my laptop was fallen down. After when I powered on it , it was showing error, and not allow to boot me any of my OS (windows and ubuntu 12.10 I had ).

Error was like this :
                  error:attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0'.
                  grub rescue>

I first started searching on google (using another laptop). Got some basic ideas like 
> it's problem with hard disk
> Either hard disk is damaged or corrupted.

First thing, i was looking for my data . I want to backup  my data anyway. 
 > I came to know that we can do it by using : "Live Ubuntu".

I took bootable ubuntu pendrive from friend and started. but it was not showing my hard disk. I tried 2-3 times but same problem . Then I find one option while booting to repair hard disk problem . After that I got all my data , i was looking for.

But still it was not able to boot any of my OS , but now I had no fear to format the disk. I started formatting using Ubuntu but it's not working. Then I tried with windows7 .  I have to format my disk  2-3 times - first C: drive only than all drive but at last have to delete all my partitions. 

Now it is working  fine.








   

0 comments:

Post a Comment